We have always loved travelling and as we have more time now we have been planning more extensive trips, mainly multiple day hiking or biking trips.
We would like to fill you in on how we planned the trips, what we enjoyed the most and what we would do differently. So, each trip report will have an “INTRODUCTION” with some info on how we planned the trip, the actual “ROUTE” we took and “CONCLUSIONS” on how we would do a next trip differently.
By creating a blog we also get to enjoy travelling three times: once when planning, once on holiday and once when writing about it. So, 3 holidays for the price of one! What a luxury!
When travelling we are rather easy people – as we are at home. But we are not travelling on a shoestring anymore: we do rent from time to time a small car and when possible, we prefer a bed under a roof to a tent. The roof doesn’t need to be luxurious, though. And as we are Belgians and our genes are of Burgundy descent: we of course like good food and a glass of wine with it!
Our bucket list for the coming years consists of mainly “active” holidays; we hope our notes together with some pictures may inspire you somewhat! Happy travelling!
Joost and Kobi, not at home.
Any questions or comments, please feel free to mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTENT so far (Click on subject to go to report):
1. Along LE CANAL de GARONNE and LE CANAL DU MIDI
2. La VELODYSSEE (EuroVelo 1 in France)
3. La VELOFRANCETTE (Voie Verte 43)
6. The North American GREAT DIVIDE: mountain biking from BANFF to STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
7. La GTMC- part 1: traversing Le Massif Central on a mountain bike
8. La GTMC– part 2: traversing Le Massif Central on a mountain bike
9. La FLOW VELO (still to do, but just mentioned as a new route!)
2. HIKING or TREKKING
1. The Southern French Alps: le tour du QUEYRAS and hiking in LE MERCANTOUR
2. From CHAMONIX to ZERMATT: from the MONT BLANC to the MATTERHORN
3. NEW ZEALAND: the GREAT WALKS and more multiple day fun
4. The ANDALUCIA trek: from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic. (under construction)
5. NEPAL: trekking the MANASLU CIRCUIT
6. NEPAL: trekking around POKHARA : the POONHILL Trek and further
7. SPAIN: EL SENDERO HISTORICO: Spain’s GR1, Section 5
8. SPAIN: CARROS de FOC or a loop and from hut to hut in the Spanish Pyrenees
3. TRAVEL in GENERAL:
1. CAMBODIA: Phnom Penh and Siem Reap
2. NEW ZEALAND